We have been named one of Tech City UK's 2018 Future Fifty, alongside a privileged few late stage tech companies. We are proud to be included in this programme that boasts some of the biggest names in UK tech.
It is Tech City’s mission to show that London and the UK remains one of the best places to start and grow a tech business, which we agree with. Supported by the UK government, it promises to allow us to network with and get advice from other companies that have been a similar situation and have built themselves to be household names, like Deliveroo and Zoopla.
In a year where we will be focused on international expansion, we are looking forward to the opportunity to learn and get a sounding board for ideas. We hope this can help cut through the complexity of high growth to speed up our decision making.
Future Fifty in numbers:
This year, 26 late-stage companies are joining a larger network of Future Fifty companies and alumni, now totalling 126. Of those that have been through the programme since 2014, Future Fifty includes:
- Five IPOs on the London Stock Exchange
- 23 M&A’s of which 7 in the last year, including com (acquired $1bn), JustGiving (acquired $120m) and shazam (acquired $400m).
- Over $5.5bn raised in funding, including $1.7 billion in 2017
- The companies have created 27,000 jobs around the world, demonstrating the extent to which tech is rapidly creating jobs and wealth throughout the UK, and have offices in 59 countries
- A string of alumni companies that are household names including Just Eat and Zoopla.
Breakdown of company sectors in 2018:
- Four in Data, Analytics & Cybersecurity
- Four in Fintech
- Two in Digital Advertising & Marketing
- Two in Enterprise Software
- Seven in SaaS
- One in EdTech
- Two in App & Software Development
- Four in eCommerce
Gerard Grech, CEO, Tech City UK
"Future Fifty helps 50 of the UK’s most promising businesses to accelerate their growth and shows how Tech City UK can connect ambitious people and companies across the country. By sharing knowledge and expertise we can help these exciting businesses build faster and compete on the world stage."